Hey all! Chris is a sick sick bastard, so he’s going to bed long before this show would start. Cory’s using the time to brush up on his Gaelic for next week’s St Paddy’s Day special thing. Tune in next week, barring any Corona Virus-related problems. 🤧
Yeah, it’s hard to be festive up here in the cold Canadian prairies on Mardi Gras, but we can still celebrate in a small way.
Tonight, amongst the usual assortment of top-of-mind radio (basically just a bunch of really cool, semi-carefully curated music you might want to know about), expect one or two little shouts to Mardi Gras!
Iko Iko!Continue reading “Operation Manatee #298 – Here Comes The Big Chief!”
The title of this post is misleading. The show is actually about how to tranq and train formerly “wild” animals. Tonight’s episode focuses on the common, yet majestic Frigatebird, and how it can be trained to bring you beer and snacks. Tune in. It’ll be neat!
Continue reading “Operation Manatee #296 – Let’s Stay Up Late And Listen To Music Together On CJTR”
Ladies and gentlemen, the top 5 albums of 2019!
Bwah Bwah Bwah Bwaaaaah!
It’s finally here! The only best album list that truly matters. The Operation Manatee Music Prize Long List.
This was the longest, most involved long list I’ve done. There were 170 albums to choose from. Only 103 made the cut. These are below. The Top 5 albums of 2019 will be posted soon.
Some rules to make it to this list:
- Must be sonically interesting
- No singles except full album-length/concept tracks; can be EPs
- No compilations
- No reissues
1. Run The Jewels – Ticketron
2. SAULT – Feel So Good
3. Madeline Duke – How Villians Are Made
4. Begonia – Hanging On A Line
5. My Chemical Romance – Honey, This Mirror Isn’t Big Enough For The Two Of Us
6. Ibibio Sound Machine – Tell Me (Doko Mien)
7. Chromeo – Count Me Out
8. OBUXUM – Don’t Blame Them
9. Ghost Loft – Holding On
10. Pan Amsterdam x Iggy Pop – Mobile
Flying solo tonight.
Pour yourself something nice, put on those headphones, and enjoy.
11:00 – midnight.
Continue reading “I Annotate Ear Poem #17”
Chris here. I’m playing with The Lincoln Loggers this Friday. We dress in Buffalo plaid and play songs like ‘Taking The Treeline Down” and Snoop Doggy Dogg’s “Gin and Juice”. Would love it if you came and said ‘Hi.’
The Cure, 2323 11th Ave, Regina
Friday, November 8, 9:00 PM
1. Dragonforce – Troopers Of The Stars
2. Lars Lucy 8legions – Teto
3. Elton John – Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
4. Royal Canoe – Peep This
5. Bombargo – Let It Grow
6. Sault – Feel So Good
7. Sturgil Simpson – Sing Along
8. Afrotronix – Sinon le pays va tomber
9. Dizzy – Calico
10. Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah – I Own The Night
1. Refused – Blood Red
2. VKNGS – SEVEN
3. Single Mothers – Metropolis
4. FET.NAT – Tapis
5. IDLES – I Dream, Guillotine
6. Sudan Archives – Confessions
7. Grimes – Violence
8. BABYMETAL feat. F.HERO – PA PA YA!!
9. Iron Bunny – Lightning Speed
10. SPAZA – Sunlight, Glycerine, 2 loose draws