Man Man is an experimental rock band that you and I should probably go see in concert soon!
1. Looks like a really fun time!
2. There is some pretty fantastic moustache going on in that band.
3. They play a strange assortment of percussion instruments/noisemakers.
4. I’ve heard they really know how to involve an audience.
5. It’s better than a punch in the face (unless that punch came from someone cool like Will Smith)
Yes, I’m “borrowing” this photo from the Edmonton Journal. But I saw this man in all his infinite talent and energy in Saskatoon on Nov. 24, 2012, part of the “I’m With You” tour.
Even though he’s over 50 years old now, I shouldn’t have been shocked at just how energetic Flea performed and yet I was. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a musician live more in tune (pun alert) with his chosen instrument… like they were one being on the stage.
I can’t gush enough about how amazed I was with his performance. As I mentioned on Facebook after the show was over, “while Anthony is the lead singer [of RHCP], it’s clear that Flea is the muthaf’in’ STAR of the band.”