Coming up with this list is always hard. You’ve seen how much good music makes it under my radar in a year. Paring it down to 5 means leaving out heaps of really good music. Alas, it must be done (actually, it doesn’t – I’m clearly doing this for fun).
Keeping in the spirit of the new Operation Manatee Music Prize, I’m again doing that thing everyone on the internet hates: changing something. Instead of reading from my number 1 pick, up, I’m doing a big, old-fashioned countdown.
Continue reading “Operation Manatee Music Prize: Top Five Albums of 2015”
Tonight, you should take off your pants and listen closely to 91.3 FM in Regina from 11:00 to midnight.
1. TV On The Radio – I Was A Lover
2. BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah – I Was A Lover
3. Les Jupes – One Is Enough
4. Bully – Trash
5. Seether – Walk Away From The Sun
6. Mocky – Weather The Storm
7. The Zolas – Knot In My Heart
8. Father John Misty – The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apt.
9. Run The Jewels – Crown
10. Deradoorian – Violet Minded
11. Muse – Psycho
2015 has been a crazy good year for new music! So good, in fact, that I’ve decided to expand upon my annual Top 5 Albums posts (OpMan Archives: 2014, 2013, 2012), and do a sort of long-list/short-list Polaris rip-off something or other.
Below are all contenders for 2015’s Top 5 list. This is based on a handful of rigorous criteria, outlined below:
– Must be a full album (no EPs, singles, etc.)
– Must be released in 2015
– Must have been listened to by me
– Must actually be good (tons of stuff never made the cut, and some were cut as this was edited and updated)
Continue reading “Operation Manatee Music Prize 2015: The Long List”
Yeah. It’s us. Your favourite late-night non-aquatic-themed live radio program in Regina!
Tune in from 11:00 to midnight for probable goodness.
1. Subb – Rainbows & Pop Songs
2. Beauty Pill – Afrikaner Barista
3. Foo Fighters – St Cecilia
4. Whitehorse – Baby What’s Wrong
5. Claudio Sanchez – Hello
6. CAIRO – Extinguishing Fires
7. Murder By Death – Three Men Hanging
8. Ben Caplan – I Got Me A Woman
It’s Tuesday night, and there’s nothing live on the air in Regina but us! Tune in from 11:00 to midnight and enjoy. What choice do you have?
1. Titus Andronicus – No Future Part IV: No Future
2. Ween – Voodoo Lady
3. Nevermen – Tough Town
4. The Classy Chasis – Reckless
5. The Mynabirds – Wildfire
6. Incubus – Consequence
7. The Lone Bellow – Cold As It Is
8. Kacy & Clayton – Brunswick Stew
9. Deerhoof – Not Dummy
10. Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
11. Arca – Mutant
Tune in for the semi-triumphant return of Chris. Yeah! Remember that guy? Us neither.
Enjoy! 11:00 to midnight!
Continue reading “Operation Manatee #133”